Navigate!

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Set on You

One day, when I was about six years old, my dad gave me a couple of Beatles cassettes. Upon the first listen, I instantly fell in love with the band that would be one of my introductions to the world of rock.

At a later point, I began to listen to the solo projects of each member produced after the band's breakup. Recently, I was hearing a song by George Harrison (which I later learned was a cover) called "Got My Mind Set On You".


From my perspective, if the Beatles had continued on past 1970, their sound in the 80s would have been no different than this. George is (currently) my favorite Beatle because of this song. :)

Anyways, I wanted to bring up this song because it provoked quite a few thoughts within me. I've got my mind set on certain goals (not necessarily relationship-wise, as is the main intention of the lyrics), but I know there's time and effort involved in reaching them. But it's good to not jump the gun sometimes, as you might miss important details. It also has proved to be a bit of a motivator as well. I do have a plan of attack set for my future career, and so far, I'm progressing at a steady pace.

Thanks, George.

No comments:

Post a Comment