Navigate!

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Late Bloomer

Happy summer, readers! There's been so much going on in the weeks since my last post, so I hope to have you caught up on my recent experiences.

(Good news, yours truly finally has a job! Looks like I'll be resuming my commuting adventures and hopefully finding some interesting things to post about on the way.)

Anyways, I'd like to bring up a recent undertaking I've started. Sometime during Christmas 2015, I spent my vacation with my family in the Philippines. I always love to visit them, but my limited knowledge of Tagalog was a bit of a personal embarrassment. I already have a strong bond with my family back there, but I always felt I needed that bond to be stronger.

During a shopping trip with my family, I stepped into a bookstore. Lo, and behold...

FINALLY.

With generally little hesitation, I bought the book and took it back home to Chicago. I'm 22 years old now. I might be a bit of a late bloomer, but I'm more than willing to put in the work. I've already finished the first chapter, and I'm happy with the progress I've made, little as it is. It'd be great if I found someone else to practice and learn with, though I'm quite not confident as to who to go to.

It's about time I did this. Who knows, I might end up doing an entire post in Tagalog. Tayo na!

No comments:

Post a Comment